Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A VERY Hanna day...


I spent a large portion of my day working on two Hanna cards of which I'm very pleased with! I LOVE the kind of seemless days when you are super productive and manage to get alot accomplished in short order! In fact, these are the types of days my 'Type A/EB HO' personality craves! Thank goodness both my ISP, and Blogge rcooperated with my efforts today!

I started out by making a card I really loved so much that I couldn't decide wheather to submit it for the Hanna Guest Designer call or for Joycelyn's awesome 'Take the Scenic Route' challenge! My sweet husband (who is usually non-committal and oblivious to what I'm making), actually told me that he thought it was "very, very good" and that he though I "should definitely turn it in as a guest designer submission!". I was flabbergasted and decided to go with what he said. But me being me, that meant I needed to work up another great card for the challenge to create a scene using Hanna Stamps! So here is the first card:
The picture really doesn't do the coloring justice, but I used several different mediums to create this scene. I stamped Granny Hanna, and 'But I Need it Hanna' on Neenah Solar white cs first before adding Grannies' rocker. I hand sketched the stoop under Granny and the porch planking. I added in the side walk and curb where our young shopper is walking. I colored Granny in using my Copics (B95, B12 for her dress and slippers; B45 for her handbag along with my white Galaxy pen; E00 and YG91 for her skin; E43, and W3 for her hair; BG10 for her socks; Galaxy white and Y28 were used on her cane.) The sidewalk was drawn in using my ultra fine sharpies as well as the planks on the porch and the stoop. I colored the concrete sidewalk W1, the curbside W5, and the bottom stoop W3. I used Y28, E57, & E77 for the planks. The rocker is done in Y28, while the cushion was done in B95, and the antimacassar in BG10 and BG01.



Hanna herself is dressed in a lipstick red dress (R29), with matching espadrilles with Y28 soles. I used my Galaxy pen to accentuate the movement of her dress. I colored her hair using Copics, y28, and added lowlights with E57. I used E00 and E95 together for her skin tone. Her shopping bags were intended to replicate a few famous shops' , and I used BG01 for the light aqua bags, black and RV02 for the striped bags and YG23 for the lime green bag. All accented again with my Galaxy pen to simulate movement.



Then came the even harder part! I watercolored the Sky and the greenery in the background using Staedler crayons, and Derwent Pencils. Once the painting dried, I used my prisma pencils and Gamsol to shade in some grass. I also dry penciled in details in the bushes for further depth.


I punched out the sentiment using my word blurb punch, and popped it up with dimensionals. Finally, I added the poodle to the porch edge. WHEW!






For my second card I decided to use Perfume Sophie. I stamped her on Neenah Solar white paper and drew in every detail of the scenery behind her from the rug, to the windows, to the wood paneling, to the 23 miniature bottles of parfum lining the shelves. I stamped with Memento Ink and drew in the scenery with my ultra fine sharpie. All of the coloring was done with Copic markers - in more colors than I can name here!!

The sign is in french as Sophie is the proprietress of a Parisian Parfumerie! In English, it reads "Sophie Moose Perfumery"! I used Spica pens, & genstones, miniature crystals and rhinestones to bling out each & every bottle, as well as Sophies shoes, barrette, & earrings!
After all, what's a gal without her bling?

I also completed two more swaps this evening...but I am utterly exhausted and have to go in for another round of treatments tommorrow! I will be back to show you more of my creations tommorrow evening! Until then..........Au Revoir! Scrappy

6 comments:

  1. Yvonne, you have truly outdone yourself. The detail for Perfume Sphie is amazing. Your scenic route challenge card is vibrant - and humorous!
    Whoever said you should earn a DT spot is absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roberta! You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahhaa!! Very original work!! Great job and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! lots of details in your cards! Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am LOVIN' that Hanna and Granny scene... that is HILARIOUS!!! Fantastic entry, Scrappy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have been on a hanna craze!
    all the cards u have made are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete