Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stormy?

Last night I got online to try and post some of my newest Hanna cards to my blog. Unfortunately there was a storm warning - but in my eagerness to upload my pix, I ignored the thunder! My mother might have liked to say she 'told me so', except because I ignored her advice to turn off my computer, the storm zapped several of my files!


One of the files included the one that contained several of my new Hanna card pix! :-( So bear with me tonight, while I endeavor to get them all up as soon as possible. I'm so glad I was able to recover a few pictures, most of my files, and that I didn't fry my new laptop! In the meantime, I hope you will check out this picture that was a 'survivor of the storm'!


I made this card on a black SU cardstock base with several layers of cardstock atop it. I stamped the image of 'Mommie to Be Hanna ' on Neenah Solar White using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I decided to keep the card very simple and let clean lines highlight her pregnant 'glow'. I colored her with my Copics, using Y17 (Golden Yellow), Y28 (Lionet Gold), E57 (Light Walnut), E00 (Skin White), R20 (Blush) & 100 (Black). I cut the image down, matted it onto a black SU cardstock scrap, and double matted that onto a scrap of Dark Sunshine Yellow cardstock by Worldwinpapers. I stamped the sentiment from SU onto a scrap I'd cut off the image, and double matted that in the same manner as the image. I used some black grosgrain ribbon and attached it along one side of a 3.75x5 " piece of white cardstock, and placed my main Hanna image alongside. I then affixed the sentiment near the bottom of the card, and attached it all to the base. Finally, I added the piece of white cardstock I usually glue inside my dark cardstock based cards.


I love using up my scraps of cardstock, and I always have so many perfectly usable pieces. In fact, for the card above, I had enough scraps to create 6 identical cards for a swap! Of course, that got me thinking again -which usually means one thing...I started another new swap on Splitcoaststampers! I hope you will check out my new ScrapSwap2 swap and join in to help you use up your own scraps! It's a great way to use up your small pieces of scrap cardstock, while getting a bunch of new cards back to use to boot! Check it out right here:


On a side note, I'm so lucky that I have such a supportive and understanding husband! It is a big milestone for my husband - Today is his 40th Birthday! But instead of complaining or rolling his eyes at me for not using a surge protector on my laptop, he has offered advice, comfort and told me he likes my work! What a guy! :-) He even doesn't seem to mind that I've been here updating my blog and checking in on Splitcoast tonight! I hope he enjoyed his celebratory dinner tonight! Our three year old even 'helped' to make his cake:

Gotta head to bed soon though! So I'll have to try and recover more pix in the morning! I hope to see you back here to check out more of what I've been up to! Sweet dreams! Scrappy




1 comment:

  1. Miss Bella seems to be folliwng in her momma's footsetps. Crafting AND baking - Martha Stewart had better watch out! :)

    ReplyDelete