Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just doing my part ~ Hanna Guest Designer Entry

I made this card as an entry for Hanna Stamps Guest Designer call. I drew the background in to have her coming down an escalator in the mall. I was going for a 'Comic Book Art' kind of feel, but wanted vibrant colors & clean lines at the same time. I think I've achieved it! What do you think?

I stamped my image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Georgia Pacific Stock, before coloring it with my Prismacolor Pencils. I drew in the background, & then got out my Gamsol (OMS) to smooth out & blend my coloring. I 'etched' in an 'edge' on the image, to make it look like a comic book frame before mounting it. I affixed it, the ribbon, and my computer generated sentiment to my SU Brilliant Blue cs base. Finally I edge the sentiment, & tied on a faux knot.


You can find this card as well as all of my other Hanna Stamps Guest Designer entries in my Gallery on Splitcoaststampers:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1383918?cat=500&ppuser=124803


Please be sure to leave me some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment