Friday, June 12, 2009

Insta-pration?


I woke up this morning with inspiration to work on a new Hanna idea! I was quick to run over to my stampin' space to sketch out my idea! It came out good enough to become another guest designer entry, rather than a rough draft! My 3 year old is calling it my 'Riley Insta-pration'!
-------
I like this Riley tag so much, that I've decided to make 4 more similar tags for my friend Su's tag swap on Splitcoaststampers! Su is on vacation in the Outer Banks right now -lucky gal! I'm hoping to work up the 5 or 6 spots I signed up for in her swap and have them waiting for her when she gets home! With my 'Riley Insta-pration' I'm sure it'll be no problem at all! :-)
-------
Here's a close-up of the coloring and detailed background on lil' Pirate Riley! I stamped Riley on Neenah Solar White cardstock and cut him out using my scalloped oval Nestabilities. I cut a larger scalloped oval of red SU cardstock to mount Riley on later as well as a sky blue rectangle to use for a tag base. I colored Riley in with my Copics, and then drew in the rigging and planks. I shaded the planks in so the would look like real wood, and highlighted the netting and the coil of rope behind Riley. Then I mounted the image onto the oval, and the tag base. I punched a hole and inserted an eyelet to put my ribbon through. Finally I rounded the corners on my tag base and highlighted it with my Peony (RV69) Copic.
------
I like my tag a whole lot! ButI think I'd better go put it up on a higher shelf soon! I know that a pirate tends to be quite a world traveler, but he has been traveling via 3 year old an awful lot since I finished him! ;-)
------
Be sure to check back later to see what other tags I've worked up for Su's Tag Swap and for my Hanna Bonanza! And don't forget to check out Su's swap! I'm sure she'd be happy to have ya! Here's a link:
TTYL! Scrappy








1 comment: