Sunday, March 8, 2009

These are a few of My Favorite Things...

"...Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things!"

I love that song from The Sound of Music, and I love the stamps from the company that shares the name - My Favorite Things! I never run out of things to do with their super, versatile clear stamps! This month, they had a Guest Designer challenge that made set my mind awhirl with ideas! I came up with at least 6 ideas of things to make with just one set - Boho Blossoms! I was only allowed one entry, so I decided I'd better sit down and whittle down my ideas.


Well where better to sit and ponder than on my back patio, in the glorious 84 degree weather we had today? I sat there, marvelling that it had SNOWED just last week! I turned my head, and suddenly I got my inspiration from the cardboard cut-out of my friend Rae Anne! (I'll explain about that later! ;-)) See the beautiful Hula girl got me thinking and I sprung up to gather everything I needed to make impromptu summer drinks for me and my new neighbors!


So I stamped and cut and assembled. And then I made a nice, big pitcher of icy Sangria! I snapped a few pix, and then invited my already staring neighbors over to join me! It turned into a nice impromptu happy hour get together, and it was so nice to get to know them a little better!


These are some of the Drink Stirrers I made using MFT's Boho Blossom stamps! They came out pretty cute, and really fit in well with my theme! Doncha think?







Okay, so as I mentioned above my friend Rae Anne (Mama Ho) is a real sweet and inspiring lady. I just LOVE her to pieces! Last summer, I planned a fun stamp convention for some of the great friends I've made on SplitcoastStampers. But unfortunately Rae Anne could not attend. We were so sad and heartbroken, that we decided she needed a 'stand-in', so that she could 'still attend'. So Yoorah, Manda, and I raced out to the party store, and nabbed us this beautiful Hula girl, which we dubbed 'Mama Ho'. She has traveled along with me from New Jersey to North Carolina, and she hangs out on our back patio with us all the time now! :-) Now whenever I see her, I'm all ready to stamp and have a good time! I know that somewhere out there, Rae Anne is probably stampin' away too - with a fruity, umbrella drink at hand!! Cheers Rae Anne and everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day today, and tommorrow only gets better! Love, Scrappy

2 comments:

  1. I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! so creative and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times, good times ;)

    ReplyDelete